St Aidan Lodge
Residential Care Home
Front Street, Framwellgate Moor, Durham DH1 5BL
☎ 0191 370 9691 📧 email@example.com
Registered Manager – Claire McArdle
We offer permanent and respite periods for either residential or dementia care. Whether you stay with us for a week or a year we will cherish your individuality, respect your choices and seek to make your stay a pleasant and joyful experience.
Our home was purpose built by a family led business with over 30 years’ experience in providing residential care to individuals. We exist at the heart of the Framwellgate community set back from the busy high street.
Carers will be present 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to offer reassurance and assistance. Our in house laundry and catering facilities will work to make your stay enjoyable and effortless.
We work closely with other health and
social care professionals to help meet your needs and preferences.
From maintenance man to head housekeeper and care assistant to registered manager, our staff members are carefully selected and then trained by professional trainers to put our residents and their needs first. We are fortunate to have many individuals who live locally and who like to share their experiences and abilities with our residents, many of whom were also based locally most of their lives. Our Manager Claire has worked within the home since it was opened, first as a care assistant, then deputy and now as a fully qualified registered manager. Her personal knowledge of the different roles within the home help nurture an open and welcoming environment, the door is always open for feedback or if you want to have a catch up.
To be well-led - the leadership, management and governance of St Aidan Lodge will support provision of high-quality care that's based around your individual needs, that it encourages learning and innovation, and that it promotes an open and fair culture.
- Purpose built with two separate units
- All bedrooms are single occupancy and have en-suite facilities
- Underfloor and ceiling heating throughout
- Numerous lounges and dining rooms overlooking gardens
- Quiet lounge on ground floor
- Telephone points in all bedrooms
- Lift access to all floors
- Nursecall system wired throughout to help summon assistance
- Enclosed garden with patio, lawn and growing beds
- Regular resident meetings and resident/relative events including cheese and wine evenings, BBQs and parties.
- Outings and activities arranged by our dedicated activities coordinators
- Laundry undertaken by our own in-house service
- Catering provided in our own well-equipped kitchen
- Regular newsletter for residents
- Located adjacent to a bustling local high street and community centre
Salon for visiting health and beauty professionals to use
We operate two separate units for those requiring residential care and those requiring residential dementia care. We do not provide nursing care though some of our resident are supported through the local NHS district nursing service.
We have a capacity of 30 individuals for residential care and 32 individuals for dementia care.
Our fees are subject to change according to the need of individuals and the funding received from the local authority and the local NHS for individuals placed by them. Please contact us to discuss your specific requirements.
Services not covered by this fee include:
- Private Chiropody
- Personal magazines and newspapers
St Aidan Lodge
☎️ 0191 370 9691
We are regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), the most recent rating of our service can be found on their website at http://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-140255576
Ideal Care (North) Ltd